Thursday, March 26, 2009

The 80/20 Rule

I read about this 80/20 rule in a relationship...

"In most cases, especially in relationships, you will only get 80% of what you NEED and you will hardly get the other 20% that you WANT in your relationship. There is always another person (man or woman) that you will meet and that will offer you the other 20% which is lacking in your relationship that you WANT. And believe me, 20% looks really good when you are not getting it at all in your current relationship."

This got me thinking...Can we ever get the 100%?
Why does it have to be 80 and 20? Can't it be 90 and 10?
But I guess they're just using the Pareto principle.

I guess it's really hard to give up that 80% for just 20%. You will end up losing a lot.
For now, I guess it's true, just make most of what you have in the relationship to make it work.
Sometimes, happiness can be found in the smallest of things.

And I intend to keep it that way. =)

No comments: