Saturday, March 28, 2009

Past is Past

A man of many experiences told me to "avoid reopening the past and just concentrate on what you have now, because you will just destroy lives, yours, your current relationship and those involved in the past. "

I remember the movie "Mr. Woodcock" about Farly (played by Seann Willam Scott) who wrote the book "Letting Go". It's a light comedy that also makes you think if letting go is really easy.

I'm a pacifist, who wants harmonious relationships, values peace of mind and always thinks about the past, since they bring back happy memories. So, to let go of ALL the past is really impossible for me. I still keep memorabilia, pictures, notes, cards even from people whom I haven't seen or spoken to in years.

But, I see the point of the man of many experiences. It's opening the can of worms, Pandora's box from the past that could open a lot of emotions too.


In the end, the man of many experiences told me..."it's really up to you."

No comments: